When dealing with the type of timber flooring for your own place, it is important not to make hasty decision as every alteration means additional expense. Flooring is a vital part of every establishment as it is undeniably one of the first thing people will see. That is why, with just excellent flooring, the overall look of your place will kind of carried by it. Choosing timber flooring for your residence is definitely a commending idea knowing their endless benefits. But there are many types of timber flooring and each type has a number of variations as well like their color, patterns, grades and many others. So, what will be your criteria in choosing the most appropriate type? Of course you have to fit them with the other existing fixtures of your place, especially if you are just on renovation.
To help you with, here are some sound tips in coming up with the right timber flooring for your own home:
– First thing to focus on is their sizes. Typical timber flooring has either 80/85x19mm or 130x19mm. However, there are boards that can be availed in different sizes like wider, narrower or thinner.
– Then its durability. When buying timber flooring, you should also consider the place where you will have them installed. Of course it would be best if you can afford to purchase the most durable ones, but if not, you can prioritize those places with most traffic like in your living room or in the kitchen. You can choose bamboo timber flooring as they are really known to last for a number of years with minimal maintenance.
– As what is mentioned above, you should match the color and pattern of your timber flooring with the other fixtures of your place. Like for example if you have contemporary settings, then you can go for lighter color timber flooring.
– When it comes to maintenance, though in general timber flooring requires minimal maintenance, it would be best if you still know them by heart. Bear in mind that warranties may become void if maintenance as stipulated will not be complied.
– The last but not the least is the cost of the timber flooring. Of course you would rather go for those affordable ones. Take note that there are a number of types of timber flooring thus, you don’t have to sacrifice your budget just to have them. Brisbane timber flooring is really affordable and can already meet your criteria, so you might want to prefer them instead.
If by chance you are really not experienced about flooring, you can ask your current home builder to help you in this aspect. Just don’t forget that when it comes to timber flooring, you have a number of options. Some of them are the solid timber, cork, timber laminate, bamboo, and many others. Each of them differs in looks, designs, colors and of course in prices. So, depending on the tips given above, you should be able to select the type that will suit best on your place.